Tellja GmbH (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Tellja GmbH of Solmsstr 12 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Tellja collects, processes and uses personal data of the user of this referral system (“you”) in accordance with applicable laws, in particular to the extent necessary for performing and processing the contract between the parties.
Information we collect about you
1. We collect, process and use the following data about you: Information you give us. This information includes your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, password and banking information. We will use this information for the purposes of concluding and performing the contract entered into between you and us and to enable you to use the Tellja referral system. Further, in order to send the referral, the e-mail address of the addressee is collected, processed and used.
2. Information about your use of the referral system. This usage data includes referrals sent, dates that referrals were sent, successful referrals and recommended products. We will use this information to send referrals and determine your right to receive rewards. To the extent necessary, we will process and use your aforementioned personal data to verify whether you have a valid claim for the payment of rewards. This may require the disclosure of personal data (including your name, mailing address, the product and/or service recommended by you, the date when the referral was made and the order ID) to the Advertiser.
3. Optional information you give to us. This information includes personal data that you provide voluntarily such as when managing your referrals in our referral system or otherwise communicating with us. Personal data provided voluntarily is any personal data that we flag as optional (non-mandatory) for the purpose of the performance of the contract. Such data will merely be stored, but not used by us. You may personally delete such data at any time.
Once the contract between us has been terminated, any information about your use of the referral system that must be archived for legal reasons will be blocked. Such data will neither be processed nor used for any purposes other than the aforementioned legal reasons. Moreover, the information that you give to us will be deleted except to the extent that you have consented to its continued collection, processing and use.
Disclosure of your personal data
Tellja reserves the right, and you agree that we have the right, to share your personal information with:
· advertisers, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of Tellja’s obligations under the General Terms and Conditions for Tellja Referrers, including for the purpose verifying the validity of claims for rewards;
· in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
· if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our users will be one of the transferred assets;
· if we are under a duty to disclose or share a your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the General Terms and Conditions for Tellja Referrers, or to protect the our rights, property, or the safety our organisation, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Personal data will not be transmitted to any other third parties unless disclosure is permitted by law or you have consented to the disclosure. Consent is voluntary and may be revoked at any time with effect for the future (see below).
Tellja uses personal data for no other purpose except with your consent. Tellja hereby advises that to the extent that the collection, processing or use of personal data requires your consent, you are free to decide whether or not to grant such consent. Tellja does not collect, process or use personal data without your consent, unless this is permitted by law. You may revoke your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data at any time with effect for the future. Notice of revocation of consent may be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Revocation of consent is free of charge (with the exception of any connection fees that may be charged based on the basic service rates of your provider).
Where we store your personal data
All personal data that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the Federal Republic of Germany. Any payment transactions will be made by bank transfer or by such other means of transfer as may be used by us in the future. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted using our system; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received personal data from you, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to have access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. By writing to the e-mail address email@example.com you may request information about your personal data that is stored by us.
ou may also demand that we correct any inaccurate personal data that we store about you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also ask us to delete your personal data if such request is in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
Use of Facebook plugins and dialogs
These web pages and the referral widget provided by Tellja use social network plugins or dialogs provided by the social network facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, U.S.A. ("Facebook"). If you call up a web page on our website that is linked to one of these plugins or dialogs, a connection will be made to the Facebook server and a message will be sent to your browser causing the plugin/dialog to be displayed on the web page. This will tell the Facebook server which web pages you have visited.
Use of Google Services
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices by letter to Tellja GmbH, Solmsstr 12 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, send an email to email@example.com or phone us on +44-(0)20-38850004 Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.